View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 01:29 PM
Wannabe

Roundabout is on a distinguished road
Default Re: stretched scania with wedico tanker project

roundabout: thanks, i was surprised to see so many stretched scanias and such when i was looking for pics of the blue griffin, i thought the roads were narrower so the trucks would be shorter. but i guess that's why they use single wheels on the trailers vs the american style dual wheels[/QUOTE]

the super singels on the trailer i a weight thing, back in thelate 70' early 80' almost everyone changed from dually to single wheels on trailers and drawbar trailers, i quit driving 10 years ago, and back then you could only have at total weight of 40ton on a 5 axle truck/trailer and a total of 48ton on a 6 axle truck. the long wheelbase you see on the swedish trucks is also due to weight restrictions, I dont know a lot about the swedish weight regulations but I know the total weight is different between a 3 axle truck with a 3200mm wheelbase and a 3800mm wheelebase.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.