View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 01:44 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

Head stone?! It's definitely just an ordinary rock, a big somewhat jagged edge flat rock... not hand chiseled, nor chunk of manmade cement. I don't know wtf you ppl watch on tv or troll for on the internet to satisfy your curiosity with or dream about when you close your eyes to sleep... sinister ideas... I'm being rhetorical, I don't want to know!

My grandfather came out here from Ontario in 1905, the mainline railway that goes coast to coast is 30miles north of me, took my grandpa a day to walk out here and find a quarter section to start a way of life on... there's was nothing but prairie for as far as the eye could see when he got here. His homestead is a mile east of me. Where I live, it was homesteaded in 1925 by the brother of the guy that married my grandfather's sister & this house was built in 1929. My father's farm is 1,5 mile NE from grandfather's, was homesteaded in 1909 and belonged to my grandfather's brother-in-law.

However, it just occurred to me the reason why that big rock is so vertical & so perfectly positioned due East-West is b/c I'm quite likely right on top of the trench for the waterline that goes from my well that's 20 feet away (back of 2nd photo) out to my barn where a hydrant & two cattle waterers are. Mystery solved

Waterline should be another 6 or 7 feet below where this rock is... but why the f? would they throw a boulder like that back in the trench?!

Calm down spuddy... this is a brand new building & I want to keep it for awhile.

Joe