Thread: Eagle Loader
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 12:24 PM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Eagle Loader

The pumps Fumotec, Premacon, and now Magom (in addition to their own cheaper pumps) and others use, are manufactured by Jung Fluid Technic in Germany, which is a industrial manufacturer. This is high end pumps made of hardened steel, 'internal toothed gear' system, and way overrun the toy pumps from China when it comes to efficiency and rated pressure (up to 100 bar, a pressure level which is not intend for our hobby naturally). The pumps are delivered in several different volume pr. revolution choices, in the same sized body, but a couple of the variants are more often used for scale model purposes than others. (these smallest pumps from Jung, have a body/end cover size of 35x35 mm. Jung also manufactures a series of large pumps, 50x50mm) The scale model fabricators ad on their own choice of motor and so on. The pump init RZ supplies looks very similar to Fumotec's setup. It is priced at about 525 USD at RZ, including a tank. I do not see the point in replacing the original 4200XL tank, it works alright I feel. So if to upgrade the pump, I would better go for the Magom setup with the same Jung pump, priced at about 250 USD. (it includes a small tank, but I don't see it being that usefull. One have the original 4200xl tank anyway at hand, so naturally continue to use that one) The RZ upgrade kit don't have a new valve block, which I feel is the main issue with this machines. The original valves are missing some o-ring gaskets, that the high end valves from e.g Premacon have. Again, the 4200xl is a great entry level digger, that will work fine and run long, with some upgrades to the hydraulics. Some machines may naturally have been produced on a 'lucky day', and has hydraulics that last pretty long.

Last edited by Rimrock; 09-28-2015 at 12:42 PM.