View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 09:04 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Toy dozer has RC potential!

I forgot about this thread till recently. The dozer has been running great for me except for slack in the blade linkage makes operating interesting and the high motor speed makes it tricky.

Couple weeks ago I fixed the blade slack but with recent use I see it's now time for a undercarriage upgrade.

Old VS new....

Dozer currently weighs around 5lbs. I'd like to add another pound or so but I don't want to put all that weight inside the body which the track frames would have to support so here was my idea this weekend.......

Stock track frame has all kinds of room to add some weight and places it at the lowest possible spot on machine.

Also, the dozer isn't balanced correctly and rocks from front to back when lifting a loaded blade. I think the rollers are too far back and 2 is not enough so....

Some 3/8 flat bar and BBs for ballast....

I started with 1" wooden dowel for rollers but then found these laying around. Drilled out the nail and instant Teflon rollers!

Also did some work on the push arms. They don't really serve a purpose and are mostly for show because blade support and strength is in the centre.

But I didn't like the cheezy anchor point so I upgraded with something we are all familiar with that I had laying around. They fit perfectly! I had to chuckle.

And yes of course we have sound and lights now. Nice little speakers from Reg work nicely and I installed a few lights.
And a few CAT logos naturally