View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 08:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Earl, I think I can make this double acting fairly easily. On the small diameter rod I may use solid stock and drill two holes length of it. Side by side so to speak. One completely through and the other stoping at outlet hole. The hard part would be having such a small workpiece keeping drill holes true. And being creative on end for fittings and mounting hole. Probably solder brass tube for extended location of fittings. But I think it could be done. And then a regular servo controlled valve could be implemented for up/down operation. I have been worried about having enough force to retract the cylinder if it was single acting. And you if it were double acting movement could be more controlled for extension and retraction. Plus when the cylinder was in any position it would stay there. Single acting it tends to drift, oil back feeding through pump when not engaged. That would be eliminated. Thanks earl, you help my understanding of this mini project.