View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 04:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Thanks reg, why is it every time you try and make something with the tool ya got you always end up buying more?? Now my home computer keeps freezing up when I'm trying to design these tires!!! It's one of those all in one touch screen desktops. I think it's 6 years old. I don't think it's old but in computer years I guess it is. Might be time to start looking around for new computer!!! I guess that's why I have liked the simple manual stuff, hand crank mill, simple calculator, tape measure , ect. Once I get happy with a design the final print job will be more fine of a print job. Those two pieces, each took almost 4 hours to print. When the resolution and layers are bumped up it will be like 5-1/2 hours print time each.

Mario, got any info on a 785b? That's what I'm planing on. Have no clue how much she will be when done,,yet,,,, I just started to "learn" about the shore hardness of rvt rubber. And or urethane. The tire will be a solid pour. So they probably wouldn't squat much. Trying to find the right hardness is difficult as I really have no clue of what I'm talking about . So far I'm guessing a shore hardness of at least 40 maybe 60. As from what I've gathered a lot of concrete moulds for pavers are hardness of that. I don't mind if they don't squish much but don't want them rolling side to side. Someone said about pouring a harder core and softer tread but that may be a bit more than I want to do. And no cooking rubbers around here!!!! Lol,,, all the stuff I've found is room temperature vulcanization. Rtv. Just mix and pour.
Mike, sometimes I really think about just hand carving something out of wood, I'm old school and work better with my hands while tool are in em verses my fingers on top of a keyboard!!!! I guess back in school when I was trying to figure out where to get beer money and what girls were going to what bar I may have been better off taking notes and listening to the teacher, a may have just learned something back then,,,,, but boy what a good time it was!!! Lol!!! I guess that's why I still use a shovel at work (not being able to pay someone to do,it for me)