View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 08:42 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Servo for raising / lowering tamiya landing legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick0 View Post
You can't just hook the servo up to an on/off switch and have it work. The servo needs to see a signal to tell it what to do so right off the bat you'll need a servo controller unless of course you pull the circuit board out of the servo and wire directly into the motor. The other as mentioned is you'll need a continuous rotation servo. Standard servo's have built in stops in the case as well as the potentiometer that sends info back to the board to tell it where the servo output is.

My question is why do you want to use a servo over the standard motor/gearbox that comes with the kit.

What I'm looking at doing with one my trailers is possibly trying out some firgelli actuators as the legs for the landing gear.
You are correct and what she is describing is how the legs are set up to begin with so I am wondering why the servo idea myself. The firgelli is not a bad idea but it would have to be put inside the stock legs for stability. Once a firgelli is fully extended they are not real stable. Izzy and I tried it with his crane and my crane truck and they are real wobbly on their own so they need to be inside some kind of a telescoping mechanism.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11