View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 04:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Hey old guy,,, haha just want to say that!!! Lol,, ok back to serious,, I never thought of different volumes being used. I am going to try and make a double acting multi stage cylinder with both ports on bottom. I hear ya about bathing in oil!!! I'm the definition of insane sometimes, doing the same thing and expecting different results,, how many times do I need to pressurize a oil filled hose and not secure the end?? Apparently about every time I have a hydraulic project!!!! Forget to secure end, blast a shot of air to blow clean, not slip on the hose good enough,, ect,, I have learned to move anything I don't want oil on first!!!! Except for the cat,,, different story! Lol!!! Maybe some hair paint (colored butane ). I did find out some of the other cylinders out there have bushings on the top and only oil seal on piston. Then the chambers don't need to fill with oil. May look into that design but still want to do the double acting. That way I figure I can control up/down better and it will stay at any in between position. Would have to have valve assembly and all that but for this dump project I do believe a lot of room will be available to hide/place things. 785b haul truck 1:14.

Well I got some better dimensions of tires and drew up another profile. Changed printer preferences and resolution to a better final print. Print time went up to almost 9 hours!! And the tire is sliced into 4 pieces to fit print area. So in a couple days I may have an idea of what to cast. Still haven't figured out hardness that I need. Shore hardness of 60? Anyone know if that would be ok??