View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 09:41 PM

Old Guy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Cooper
Back to the double acting stage cylinder, we tried to come up with a way to feed oil from the bottom but were never able to feed oil from that end for retracting. But I'll keep watching to see how you do it.
Aren't tires fun I did a set for my Letourneau L2350 like you I made a master using some old tires I had then coated it with about a 1/4" of urethane, ( Pink color) I then made 2 plaster aparis (spell ?) outside cavities, to hold molds from deforming. Next I made some urethane foam center cores suspended by a solid core where rims go to save the amount of tire material required. Procedure, place bottom mold in place with center core then foam, then top mold with ports to but in tire material, plaster parts had pins to make sure they lined up. Once cured opened molds pulled out tire trimed off ports and placed this side on the inside when mounted on model. Turned out great tires were made of Smooth On products and with foam core I didn't need to put anything inside tires to stop compressing by models weight. hope this will give you some ideas. Oldguy is true all my friend have been retire 10 years or more.
Earl