View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 10:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

I have not completely decided what method I'll do yet. One thing I have going is the highest part of the tire will be the sidewall. So doing something like yours I'm hoping to minimize air bubbles. And like you said that will be the back side. I even thought of having the mold at a 45 angle but that may make two of the treads capable of trapped air. Have to do a bit more knowledge searching . And that's my opinion on the imperfections, I thought about using a high build primer but I don't want to get any in the treads as they are not the easiest to sand and that's what the acetone flattened out. Once some real dirt gets on um I'm hoping they will blend right in. None of my stuff stays pretty for too long

I'm trying to get some pics of the frame that I can accurately scale off. This may change to a 785d, I can get one of the norscot die cast models. Anout the only difference I found so far is front end appearance. And those little models are pricey little buggers!!!! Have to go to the local cat dealer with the d11 and excavator, maybe they will sell me one cheeper. They don't get any trucks that size and biggest dozer they get in the lot is usually d9. Lots of adt trucks. But they have most of the toys, probably the 797 and not what I need. Everyone around has been telling me to take the toys up there anyway.