View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 03:31 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Magom Brushless Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger_Bear View Post
Hi Rob,

I had another thought about the pump setup. I'm thinking about setting my system up so the pump only operates at same time as the valve servo therefore the pump won't run when no demand and should hopefully stop excessive pressure in that pipe between the pump and valve block.

I'm still trying to figure out how to program my radio to achieve this and yet to try so will let you know how it effects performance with any delay etc.

Ian.
You are on the right mind-set there regarding pump set-up. At a fair in Germany recently my curios friend discusses pump set-up both with Fumotec, Premacon and Wedico. They all recommended to mix the pump speed regulator with the valve servos. One should however not let the pump stop totally when none of the valves was operated, but just let the pump speed down to a minimum, idle at like 5-10% of full speed. (There can be a main on/off switch on the radio for stopping the pump when resting for several minutes naturally) If fully stopping the pump one would get delays, higher power consummation, higher risk of air in the system. Further on one adjusted the pump speed to e.g 40% when 1 valve got engaged, and e.g 70% when 2 valve engaged simultaneous, and then like 100% in case of 3 valves operating. The point of the mixing was to have all cylinders moving with similar speed regardless of 1 or 3 cylinders operating. In the model world we naturally used fixed volume pumps, while in the real machines nowadays the pumps are variable volume, and one can operate several valves and more or less keep the same speed of the cylinders.

Last edited by Rimrock; 11-08-2015 at 03:34 AM.