View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 06:30 AM

Digger_Bear is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Magom Brushless Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimrock View Post
You are on the right mind-set there regarding pump set-up. At a fair in Germany recently my curios friend discusses pump set-up both with Fumotec, Premacon and Wedico. They all recommended to mix the pump speed regulator with the valve servos. One should however not let the pump stop totally when none of the valves was operated, but just let the pump speed down to a minimum, idle at like 5-10% of full speed. (There can be a main on/off switch on the radio for stopping the pump when resting for several minutes naturally) If fully stopping the pump one would get delays, higher power consummation, higher risk of air in the system. Further on one adjusted the pump speed to e.g 40% when 1 valve got engaged, and e.g 70% when 2 valve engaged simultaneous, and then like 100% in case of 3 valves operating. The point of the mixing was to have all cylinders moving with similar speed regardless of 1 or 3 cylinders operating. In the model world we naturally used fixed volume pumps, while in the real machines nowadays the pumps are variable volume, and one can operate several valves and more or less keep the same speed of the cylinders.
That is good to know. I did overlook the idle speed so thanks for reminding me.

Now does anyone know how to program that into a turnigy 9xr pro? I've tried adding mix to pump channel but it seems proportional to the servo where off centre adds to the pump speed but other way it subtracts.