View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 04:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
Tire looks good cooper!!
Thank you!! I found the sweet spot on this mold, I now have 4 nickel sized vent holes. And have the mold slightly unlevel. Before I mix the resin I degass the A side with dye. Introduced a few air bubbles and that side is the rather thick side. That pulls a lot of small bubbles suspended in it. Then mix slowly. The B side is pretty thin so when combined it is fairly thin. Slowly pouring and tapping and pushing on mold released most stuck air bubbles. I think the ruff side of the mold creates just enough surface tension for air to stay put. Guess it goes back to really spending time on the mold part, really making smooth. I just figured it's the backside and wouldn't show so I didn't spend much effort on that side. But the finished tires will be fine for me. Throw some mud on and it will look fine . I guess that's why I like my stuff scratched and dented, it hides a lot of the imperfections !! Lol!! Just waiting for some alum to show up and then start the smoke pouring from my ears! Tires are just a couple ounces under 4 pounds. And I think I got the pigment correct. 10 drops of black pigment each tire.