Thread: Euro dump truck
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 08:44 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Euro dump truck

I am not a radio guru by any means so take this with a grain of salt. Since re-entering the hobby a few years ago I have been using Spektrum radios(DX6i-DX8). I recently bought a 9X for an upcoming customer project because it was affordable with lots of options. I hadn't taken it out of the box but found another one used locally for a good price so I bought it for my own use. After trying to program the 9X I can honestly say that for me at least it is a pain in the @ss compared to the Spektrum. It has features and is really cheap but I will spend more and buy another Spektrum next time. Like I said, I am not very smart with programming so I am sure it is a breeze for some(9X) but not for me. I love my DX8. I wish it had more channels but it does everything I need to run all of my equipment mixing hydraulics ect and very user friendly. No matter what radio brand you go with (as there are many options) buy one with more channels than you need. I bought the DX6i think 6 was plenty to run a truck and then I built a track loader the needed more proportional channels so in came the DX8. 8 channels is just enough to run an excavator but more would be nice...

Just my 2 cents.

Reg