View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 01:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Hey dads, thanks!! 1) nice to see the one video of you loading, one 5gallon bucket, and another scoop!!! Really puts perspective on how much material is in the dump body!! 2) water jet!?!!! You are so lucky!!! I need to go over to next town, a guy that has a food automation processing line company specializes in water cutting,, I really should go see him as he is a big fan of scale planes. Right next to his facility he has a manicured 100+yard runway. Figure similar RC interests I might get some cheep cutting done. 3) I have the two drive motors of 256:1 gear reduction. Don't know what motor is on the end, but noisy little buggers at 12v!!! Might not need any sound system!! I'm thinking that having two for drive will be enough torque and power. And yes I'm trying to take all weight off motor shafts and put on axles. With not wanting to spent $100-200 on a single slim profile bearing (needing 4) I am trying to incorporate 2" bearings for wheel hub carrier. I'm planing on having the two motors in axle, hopefully use some radio programming for a differential effect when wheel turned to left/right max. And some good info on your build, I would never have thought about proper geometry on Ackerman effect if you would have not posted about it!! Tires? I really wanted to use the same ones you got and not have to go through the whole process of making them. If I remember correct they were just a little too off on dimensions for my project. Spent a lot of time trying to find tires, just couldn't find close enough size. Might be able to work something up for you in future!! Still need to see how they preform in actual use.