View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 06:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

The gearboxes were greased, that was the first things I did. Took them apart as they are said to be shipped without. If I remember correct a good high speed bearing grease, lithium I think. Don't anyone hold me to that, read what they recommend first!! When I was playing with them is when I noticed them heat up a little bit. That got me thinking about the motor and gearbox in the axle. I have several small esc fans, it was just a thought but I did consider incorporating some bit of fan driven cooling for these. They are the main components to the whole drivetrain, well they are the drivetrain!! Lol!! I was thinking of making a box that would be the primary drive (something like that on the 1:1 machines) the big thing attached to front of rear axle, would be easy to put fan in there.

And I've gots lots of learning curves!! The one rim with all the holes in, too many for the correct pattern I wanted--- well they will become front rims.

And yes, the more I think about it I am leaning towards making two cylinders for steering. With the multi stage double acting lift cylinders I'm going to shoot for I will need pump and valve body so might as well use hydro for steering too. This rear axle is the only thing I wasn't sure about (if I could fit them and use a bearing support) but I think my plan is going to work. Don't know how soon I'll have some pics, some more pieces of stock in mail and work week looks busy. Guess it's gonna be time to pick fight with wife and get sent to garage!!!