View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 11:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
Bolt a piece of metal to your rotary table then mill a circular boss to locate your rims on center. Then you can place the next one on the table and it will be located. You will have to have a nice fit though. Make it big enough to have your studs for the clamps to screw in or double nut by using the slots then a nut to hold plate then long enough to clamp rim down.
Thanks Steve, I was thinking other end, was going to make a piece to chuck up in the mill and then slide into part. I guess what you said but up side down I think I'll go with what you suggest. I've been wanting to make a plate with a few holes machined into it that bolts to rotary table. Having something like that would give me more future clamping ability. I was planning on clamping part around bottom ring and also having a shaft (long bolt) up through center with plate to clamp from top also. Probably have to recess it so milling tools have clearance. Was wanting to use something around 3/16 for mill to get a small as possible inside radius on cuts. Plus the endmill I want to use has shaft same diameter as cutting blades. Can run right up along part without cutting too deep. Haven't had a mill crash in long time and don't want one anytime soon. At least this operation will not be 20min set up 1 min cutting time. And one of those parts that now I need to make more parts to cut the part!!!!