View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 10:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Reg, I think these wheel things are more work than making the tracks for the dozer!! At least I could day dream while cracking the handles on those parts!!

Dads, yeah,,, this wasn't the idea I had in mind at first!! Oh it will be simple, spin some wheels, make the hubs,, though the hard part would be threading for 2/56 bolts!!! Like I said above, and you are correct, the tedious cuts with the rotary table have got my jaws hurting from grinding my teeth. Only have two more rims to cut with the table. One bad thing is I think the top spindle bearing is loose or going bad in my mill!! Gonna let it cool down and hopefully tomorrow I can cut the other two before having to tear into that. Just don't want to have set up again. Doesn't feel loose but making a rhythmic noise. If I remember correct one of the gears is plastic. I never have been happy with the bearings from the start, after breaking it in I tore it apart again because they just didn't sound right,,,,even called grizzley and remarked that something may be bad with them but that was two years ago. I wouldn't think bearings would go in less than three years on just alum work. ,,,,, yeah just rambling on , taking a break from not breathing while using the rotary table and keep thinking a little more,,, hoping the endmill doesn't bite and climb up the part!!