View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 07:34 PM

gmmiller06 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First Conversion Attempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
You will love the little machine once you get it going! Mine is one of my favorite things to operate. 100mm might be tough to fit on the boom. That's a really long actuator for such a small machine.
You aren't kidding brother! I got them on flebay for a bit cheaper than direct from firgelli. However this was the only size available and I jumped the gun on ordering lol. I did however manage to fit them on, but I don't think the boom will go as low as I'd like. But for my first ever attempt, I'll just be happy if this things works haha. I have found that the scx10 tranny and 65t motor isnt going to fit. I have ordered some 6v 100rpm gear motors(160 Oz torque each) from robotshop and they should be in tomorrow. I'm hoping I can run both motors from a sabertooth 12X2 controller which I also ordered. Do you guys think that will be sufficient to power the model? Anyways, here are some pics of the slow progress. Yes, I did make an error on the first hole to mount the boom but it's all in learning I guess. If I could go back it would be much neater and I'd surely use 50mm actuators.

First, I put the axles together.

I locked the rear axle using the extra gear method.

Of course no conversion comes without a nice little brew.

I then took the model apart trying to preserve the tabs. I only broke two.