View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What's the diff ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
cool pic, your boss know you snap pics to show your interweb pals??
I said it works underground, not as in, top secret underground machines.
Besides, this ain't Facebook and I'm just sharing pics with my forum family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Great pics of the grader Mario that'd be an ideal piece of equip to have in the LGCC fleet.
A grader like that still have rear offset steering?
If your tunnel project was going to be longer you might need one
I took the grader for a spin today and yes, it still has rear steer and all the typical grader functions. The left stick has directional rocker for fwd/rev. Push left and right for front wheel control. You twist your wrist left and right for the rear steer. Pull stick forward or back for left circle cylinder. Thumb buttons for wheel lean and up shift downshift.
The right stick, left to right moves the blade left n right, twist the stick to turn the circle and a thumb button to lean blade back n forth, circle side shift, and of course the other circle cylinder.
When I first heard of the 2 joystick, fly by wire machines. I thought, how in the heck are they going to get all those lever functions on a traditional grader onto 2 joysticks! Well they did it, and it's real easy to get use to. Every motion makes sense for what you need to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycuda View Post
Now that is interesting! We've cut a standard grader in front of the cab, lowered the halves down an elevator shaft and reassembled for use in the lead mines of eastern Missouri. But they were big enough underground to use full-size machines. That squished Cat in really cool!

Ken
I'm not sure where this conversion was done. I'm assuming somewhere in the U.S. It's definitely squished. It's equipped with a certified ROPS of course and the cab structure is beefy. Problem is, that makes the windows small and hard to see out of even going forward! I had a real hard time seeing the blade! Only in certain positions. Hmmmmm. Come to think of it, I think the poor view is more than the cab design. It's probably because I'm sitting about 2ft lower than usual!
with wheel lean, rear steer and so much shorter, this thing will definitely be nimble getting around underground.

We've had to disassemble and drop scoops down the shaft and reassemble. I've heard stories of larger scoops having the main frame cut to fit them underground and then weld back together to live it's life and die down there.