View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 04:26 PM

thetractorfan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New 60 ton excavator from Robbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
If you look at the price Vat is included so if that was to be sent to north america this would come off .
Yes these Machines are expensive..I have both purchased and built construction models ..If you have built a construction machine you would know what kind of work is involved in these intricate peices of equipment ..If you ask anyone of the scratch building excavtors modelers (or constuction) machine if they sold their machines for $7000 they would be lucky to get even $5 bucks an hour for their labour .
Even with the high tech equipment that Premacon ,Robbe , THS ,Fumotech or scaleart have at their disposal I dont see alot of profit for these higher end models.
I have friends that wont even batt an eye when purchasing a 35k harley or even a 50k boat ..I beleive a hobby is a hobby reguardless and If you can afford it all the power to you . Just sayin
very true. in this hobby, you can make the things you can`t afford or you can buy them. what looks like a couple weeks work is actually a few months,(7 at the least), or even years to make a model. many people don`t realize the amount of time required to machine each component. this is heavy duty metal that takes time to work with. especially with hydraulics, there is a high cost for each component. also ten grand would probably not be enough to buy one, it would probably be enough to rent one for a small amount of time.