View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 03:44 PM

thetractorfan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New 60 ton excavator from Robbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbuilder View Post
Yep, I've had the same experience. I've put at least 2000 hrs into my dozer build in 2015 including drawings, and I'm still not finished. I'm not going to embarrass myself saying what it's cost and I know I've got $1500 still to tip in. Sometimes along the way I wished I never started. To me money can't buy what I've built - but in reality it's worth $0.00 to sell. So if one can buy an excavator or model ready made, just add your own finishing touches and you're ready to dig dirt and save 2000 hrs building. And a commercial ready-made probably has some resale value too if one decides to move on to another model.
Very true. If it is for sale, it is saving the buyer a lot of time. And with RC tracked construction equipment, you need to individually machine each track link. Also with RC tracked vehicles, Mainly dozers, you may need to install transmissions and drive trains in your model which requires even more time. Plus the amount of time needed to fill the machines fluids would add to that cost,(this brand includes fluid in their excavator), unlike other brands that require you to put oil in after you open the machine Out of the box.