View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 10:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

A couple little things to work out, the t-bar has to be notched out for pivot point. but with full travel up and down things all work smooth. A couple clearance issues to work out but I'm happy to get it working pretty close. The cylinders will work out good but fittings may be a issue. May have to make some hardlines to locate hose fittings in better area. But big thing is cylinder stroke with ends and piston I'll have a little bit of room to spare. Somewhere around 1.5 to 1.9" of stroke. Somewhere around 3" closed and 4.9" extended.

Yes bo, I'm happy it's working out somewhat. The 1:50 model steering works but it didn't translate to the 1:14 scale well. But that may be in my measurements. Off .10" on model and that could translate into off an 1" on the 1:14. So it could have been my inaccurate measurements. By the looks of 1:1 machines the stabilizing bars are parallel with frame crossmember but in my model I can't get 36 degrees of steering angle. Right now I can get over 40 degrees and still not hitting tires on frame of binding somewhere. Even with tires (suspension ) at different maximums.