View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 06:49 AM

dozerbuilder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Russian ChTz T-800 1/16th scale Bulldozer model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Never seen, nor never heard of such a model before.

For such a monster of a model, did hyds cross your mind at all? Looks like the speed of your actuators is about right, hope they last long time for you.

Sometimes when I make a long post, before I click "post", I highlight entire post & right click & copy... just b/c I've had it happen before with some computer glitch & loose it all ...I know your pain.

There is a 5000 character limit too to consider, so don't try to post an entire book in one post. Take your time, lets have a look at this unique creation you have mastered.

I looked into hyd's vs actuators and earned myself a migraine that lasted a week. I never really got to the bottom of it, I couldn't nail the hyd people down with precise specs about their products so I decided on screw actuators and ESC's. I'm working on new heavy duty ones to replace the ones fitted, all have failed miserably. I already have some parts and motors from China. They will be tubular resembling a hyd ram, but 12V electric. The speed of those 60's is about right as you say, and they have sufficient power.

I personally are not too happy about the possibility of oil leaks and also having high pressure oil in the mix. I like the controllability of the RC actuators - plenty of adjustment available in the RC mixing and the ESC's.

Cheers