View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 10:19 AM
Green Horn

Scott M is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Grand Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakthi View Post
That is one **** nice truck! Some great custom

Diesel is a bit darker than regular gas, it is also oily. I figure you best bet would be to get some very very light oil like the sewing machine stuff or some hydraulic oil. If you use water it might evaporate over time or you could get condensation. I wouldn't worry too much about exact color. Just having those clear areas in the tanks is cool.
Thanks man!! Few years ago I owned a seven series BMW and for power steering fluid it used a light hydraulic oil which also was used to level the car it has a bluish yellow green color to it. I put it in the tanks but being in a solid tube with only one end being clear it came out darker than I wanted. I've spent a couple weeks trying to think of a liquid to use, I'm at the point now where I'm just going to put diesel fuel in it.

My buffing method is very tedious. I first started with sanding off the anodize coating, but it was taking too long so I went out and bought some oven cleaner once the parts are cleaned, I go back over them with a red Scotch-Brite pad. I have a 6 inch buffing wheel, to buff the large sections and a bunch of other polishing bits to get inside of the rim which is the hardest part without damaging knicking the edge of the rim. I've found that Clay polishing bars work better than the polishing paste they sell at the local auto parts store