View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 12:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
Very nice. You can just fuse those seams together without filler but you need to be careful not to round over the sharp edge or you will need some filler to grind off.
I'm still at that point that I don't know when to back off more , in an instant the edge is gone. Just need more time doing it I guess. I've been trying to add as little as possible on the filler, I guess it's a lot like drywall, the more mud you put on the more you have to sand off. How often do you change how much gas is coming out? I've been having a hard time on inside corners and I'm thinking I may have too much gas flow as arc gets a little erratic and wanders. Does that sound correct? I've set up between 15-20 for flow. I don't know if that is what's coming out of torch as the gauge and flow meter is at tank. I don't have one of those to slip over torch. And from what I've been reading a lot is knowing how to read the arc and what it's doing to dictate what setting is needed. I'm using gas lense.