View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 08:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Thanks Kp! Yes scratch builds are good for me as I don't know what to expect and it's always a challenge, like adult Legos. . I've spent a good bit of time looking over your haul truck. Still jealous of a waterjet!!! Lol!!!

I've been trying to keep thing square and lined up and I think it's paying off. Have had to deal with some unexpected welding distortions. But have been finding out they can work to your advantage. Just have to know where to put the first welds and heat. Some pics of setting up in some clamps and sides welded. Working on installing floor tonight. Having a harder time trying to figure out how to clamp this big tub down to get a distortion free bed. Need more angle blocks and chunks of square metal. Been using whatever I have laying around that can keep shape when clamped.

Actually laid down some flat welds on these, not even going to sand them down. Flat welds are getting easier for me, I may not show the inside corners to ya'all,,,, they don't look to great. Kind of like that late night girl, good from far but far from good!!! Lol!!