View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Green Horn

Rogue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Wedico Pete (project Money Hungry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepside View Post
Rick,

Your diligence in getting the truck "just right" is an inspiration all on its own!! Takes a lot to strip down and repaint... twice!

As for your driveline, I really like the compact driveline concept and not having to dedicate a radio channel to a shifting servo. In my rigs, I don't typically shift at all! I use one gear and go. The only difference has been at Indy last year I actually needed to use first to get up the steep incline on the one side of the bridge... it wasn't going up in 3rd at all.

What is the final RPM of your gear motor? I'd be curious to know what "gear" it matches up with a stock trans w/ 4:1.

Thx Rod, but impatience was more of a contributing factor than diligence. I rushed it the last time, i knew it, and it bit me in the a$$. And even though i really liked the purple/black color combo, I'm really excited to see the new rendition. I should have the final coats on it later tonight, and after it cures overnight, she should be a roller again tomorrow.

As to the RPM question, Nathan and a few others ran all the numbers, and the results can be seen towards the end of this thread.
http://rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=318

My other truck is a Komatsu
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.