View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 08:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Oh boy!!! Panties!!! But not any of marks!! They probably have marks in um, live and dead lol!!!!

Ok hopefully this doesn't get deleted, so I'll get back to the building stuff,, haven't had much time or ambition to devote to the dumper. Most of the week days were digging holes for fence. Rented a 6" hole bit for our skid steer auger. 30 seconds digging a hole, some hand cleaning out and no big deal. First one was by hand because it was next to garage. And the next 3 were at edge of driveway so not the easiest digging with machine with such a small auger. (In a 6" hole a little rock will throw it off pretty easily) but pretty much everyone after that was about an hour or two!! Only thing I can think of is back in 50's they may have had a concrete driveway, the kind where just two pads were poured for the car tires and grass in middle. About 6' deep I hit 6-8" thick concrete. Had to rent a big hammer drill and drill a bunch of holes to bust out. If it would have been a little deeper I may have just post down but couldn't do that.

All those posts with exceptions to three off house and 3-4 along existing driveway were concrete!!! And even tried to move different locations but right where I wanted fence!!!

So tonight this is what I got,,,,

The start of the double acting telescopic cylinders. Going to try and make them from stainless. Got smooth wall stuff so probably just a simple hone and polishing of insides. Last night I did spend some time grinding a new more accurate inside grooving tool. And the solid stuff is easier to machine stainless.