View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 12:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let’s hear about your favorite LHS (Local Hobby Shop)

[QUOTE=fhhhstix;143052]My LHS is RC Hobbies Plus in Lafayette IN. owned and operated by Larry and Glenda Bennett. Some of you may know Larry and not even realize it especially Clod buster fans as he is the one who made the Bennett Clod a Leaver which dominated RC 4x4 racing for many years. Larry also holds some records in RC truck pulling; they even retired one class after 6 years nobody even came close to his record.
I buy as much as I can through the hobby shop; the only time I go elsewhere is when he just can’t get it. With my constant problems dealing with RC4WD I now buy their products through him if his vendors carry it. Larry is like that cool uncle you always wanted and he does treat me like family. Before I went into the parts department at work I went to the hobby shop on my lunch hour every day. I missed a few days one week and Larry called me to see how I was doing and if there was something wrong. I can say I will really miss him when he finally retires.

My favorite hobby shop? Your garage!

Actually my favorite LHS went out of business a few years ago, retired. The 2 I have to choose from now are 45 min. to an hour in opposite directions and the last time I was in them neither had what I needed, a Spektrum receiver and they are both dealers. Found it at a LHS in Grand Rapids 3 hour away.