Thread: Fat "n" Flat
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 10:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fat "n" Flat

It's been slow in my shop for the last week so I have been poking at this to keep myself occupied. A while back Mario was kind enough to send me his old cab that had been painted and stripped too many times for his shiny black KW. I was happy to get a cab and didn't really care that it wasn't perfect.(Thanks Buddy)

I made up panels for the roof and rear cab wall out of aluminum and mixed up some Bondo so that I could do some body work. I cleaned up the cab a bit more with a razor blade and filled the clearance light holes before priming and painting it. The primer went on great and so did the first coat of red. Everything went south when I applied the second coat starting with a brand new can of red. I've had problems with this before when I've started a new can part way through causing my beautiful(for me) paint job to turn into a 90 year old's scrotum right before my eyes. Anyway, I left the cab for three days and did a little sanding before applying another coat. Even after that long the paint still reacted in a few spots but I just settled for it being good enough. This cab has been exfoliated more times than a Kardashian so it will do until I win the lotto and buy a new cab. I quickly made up a little visor for it, installed a bunch of new/used chrome I got from Brandon and then tore the whole thing down to paint the chassis. I wanted to have all of it powder coated but decided that I would rather polish off a $6 rattle can of BBQ black paint than spend the money on doing it right.lol This truck is not a show stopper and it has a likelihood of ending up shiny side down at 30mph so no need to spend too much time or money.

Enough talking, here she is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjfTS-QKcFA

It's so bright out today that it photographed pink outside.