View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 08:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bruder Cat Compactor Coversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat966c View Post
Great model rcp! Couple questions: on the vibratory assembly, how does one connect (as it looks like you did) a motor without battery/esc leads to the battery and stuff? Like just a general rc motor with no wires attached?
And if you need to get a connector to do that, where do you get them (or what category do I search on rc shops) and, to be honest, what are the connectors in general (I know: lol ����)? General stuff like: if I have two motors, how do I connect them to ONE terminal? I think I've seen a Y connector? And what type of wires do you use and which ones for which motor and where do I get them and, come to think of it, how's the voltage of a motor match up with an esc and battery???Please Help! Lol
Thanks!
Thanks,

No fancy tricks there. The vibrator motor is wired up just like all of the others. It runs off of an RC switch rather than an esc so it is only on or off.

I'm not positive of what you mean with two motors on one terminal but if you want to run two off of one esc just make your own Y harness. Speaker wire works well for smaller brushed motor hook ups. It can be found everywhere and it's reasonably priced. I use smaller wire on the tiny motors that drive my tarps and operate the blades on these rollers. You asked on the other loader thread about wiring multiple motors to one esc. It's easy, just wire them so that one side of the machines motor connections are +/- and the other is -/+ otherwise it will go in circles. Connect those wires to the +/- coming out of your esc and your good!