View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 11:08 PM

JDToumanian is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RC4WD 4200XL models and nomenclature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
Yup you guys were right! My bad. The 1790$ only applies to the current model that they are liquidating. Pricing has yet to be confirmed for the new excavator model by Eagle. Was told it will be available this summer in roughly a month or two.
Ah. I predict it will be $3000 or so, basically in the same price range as the loader and dozer... I'm glad I got one at the blowout price while I had the chance.

I notice they say the new model is 'all CNC' or something like that, and that may be true, but it's clearly not machined from solid bar stock... Almost everything I see in the new picture is die-cast. Nothing wrong with that, although die castings are generally not as strong as solid billet material would be, so it will be interesting to see how durable it turns out to be with heavy use. I hope Martin from 'Digging with Martin' buys one!

I ordered a brushless track upgrade kit for mine, direct from Eagle, which AliExpress showed 'in stock'. But I got an email from Roy at Eagle a few days later saying they were out of stock of the older brushless track upgrade kits, and only had the newer, more detailed die-cast version in stock, and if it was okay for them to send me that kit instead of the one pictured. I said sure! The new brushless track kit is supposed to be more durable and has 4 planet gears instead of 3... The DHL tracking says it will arrive Tuesday, so maybe I'll start a separate thread for that. I haven't seen any postings about the new kit anywhere yet...

Jon

Last edited by JDToumanian; 07-02-2016 at 11:11 PM.