View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 11:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M construction open for bizz nizz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
I have to agree with the black Pete staying clean and unscathed! The turnout looks great and so does Foxville. Didn't know you had trains too must have missed that one. Hope to make it next year.
Actually, the trains ,figurines ,train station and 60ft of rail with a switch were brought by a forum member Mikem. Hey made a 9hr drive to join us. Also brought his 3 beautiful trucks including the Mack.
Within an hour he had it laid out and running from the pit to the pile.
I was instantly amazed at what an effect adding just a simple stretch of track and trains does for the yard!

It's a done deal! I must have a train and Mike is gracious enough he's going to guide and help me out. I'm hooked!

Here's a video of everyone gathered in the yard.

https://youtu.be/gLqVcsgWQac

being the very first time doing something like this the turn out was perfect. I got a good feel for how well the yard does or doesn't function with all the traffic. ( IE , light pole incident. Which was absolutely not staged. He did it, we froze the scene and then brought in the cops and driver. )
Learned a lot for next year and got all kinds of great ideas from everyone I'm gonna be busy.