Thread: My new workshop
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 10:18 PM
Wannabe

mazdaparts will become famous soon enoughmazdaparts will become famous soon enough
Default My new workshop

I finally finished the last room in our new house, my workshop. We spec'ed out a full wood modular home and installed it on a full basement with 9 foot walls. That was a year ago. We semi finished the basement by building walls and defining spaces. A big storage/utilities room, a classroom for my wife to homeschool the kids, and a hobby/workshop room for me, and the rest was a playroom for the kids and a gameroom for the adults (pingpong table, big airhockey table, and dartboard.
My room was quite disorganized.

I got a $50 lowes gift card and a coupon from lowes for $10 off a $50 purchase. Bought some lumber, outlets, and boxes.

Got to work cleaning out the room so I would have a clean slate.

Started with my new work bench. Made a lip on the front to aid with clamping stuff down.

To finish off the room I needed a shelf to store projects and some of the clutter. No build pics as I was getting short on time.

5 hours later I have what you see here. I plan on putting a thin piece of plywood on the workbench surface and another on the wall and adding outlets like crazy. Now I just have to organize everything and get to work on some projects.

Last edited by mazdaparts; 12-31-2010 at 10:20 PM.