View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 01:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
Nice to see it moving cooper-I know you have a lot left to do but do you have a way to make the diff more like a limited slip set up? Looks really good so far!!
yes, at the moment I have no oil in the diff so it slips pretty easily. everything is just pieced together for testing. with such a big model I definitely need the slip and am planning on using some thick diff oil/grease. the one thing that bothers me is the driveshaft, even new it has some slop in it and I'm sure that is going to be the weak link in the drivetrain. may have to revisit that part, find something with closer tolerances or make one.
oh, and in the video when it does slip the camera doesn't show it but it was trying to climb about 40 degree angle on loose uneven dirt. I want it to be able to climb around 30 degree roads fully loaded. I don't know what haul truck are capable of climbing loaded but that's what I'm shooting for.