View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 11:05 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Well I've been trying to gather all my options and solutions for increasing the speed of dumping the bed. After a lot of numbers, ideas, evaluations,, I pretty much came to the conclusion of it is what it is!!! I could possibly get a different pump, as I have the lesser flow one from premacon. I think the 600mil/min. Could go with the 1200mil/min. Now that would theoretically cut my cycle times in half, and the bed should take 15seconds to go up. But with running two cylinders off one valve and having a internal boar of .75" and the I.d. Of fittings acting like road blocks the best solution is to get the higher flow pump and have each cylinder supplied from its own valve. And run 4or 6 mm hose to them. Rather expensive modification. Guess this is good reason for most people having a "plan" or doing the calculations before they cut parts or purchase parts!!!! I don't like the idea of independent valves unless a equalizer line installed.
Do you guys think doubling mil/min flow from 600 to 1200 will noticeably improve cycle times? I keep going back to inner diameter of fittings and hose as major restrictions for rate of flow. I'm sure I'll find a home for a hydraulic pump if I purchased a new one,