View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 11:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
Welcome to the dark side ..lol ..Once you get the hang of it you will be thinking why didnt i start this a long time ago ..Cant wait to see what comes out of the shop a year from now ..What software do you plan on using ..Myself I am using Bobcad . .not that impressed and they bug the crap out of you to upgrade ..hobby use was around $600 if i remember correctly .One good thing that I like is to simulate the tool path before I start the program ..good habit to get into and start with slow feed speeds so you can stop if need be .If you can get your hands on solidworks go for it ..There is a bit of free stuff available like fusion 360..i have been dabbling in it for my 3D printer ..Congrats buddy and if you have any questions feel free to ask ..I am no expert tho lol .. good luck RW
I've been using fusion 360 for making parts to 3d print. Far from efficient at it, but slowly getting down the learning part of designing the part. I've messed around with setting up parts for milling in the cam part of it. That's where I need to do a lot of learning. I may even take a couple day class. If closer to home I already would have but closest classes are 3 hour drive. Anything local is basically enrollment for a semester. And if I compare that time to me playing with it I'll probably figure it out befor class would be over. And only thing I hate about taking classes is they are usually targeted to a broad understanding and not as point specific as my learning needs to be. Nice thing about learning stuff in the computer world is you can always hit undo/delete!! And yes I do believe the simulate tool path is something I will always watch and detail.