View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 10:27 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiskybilt View Post
Does it have an automatic tool changer too? Are you generation code with a cad cam system?
Yes it can be added, but for me and the expense no tool changer. However I am planning on getting the air draw bar, will make tool changes about 10 seconds. I'm using autodesk fusion 360 for cad and also for the cam. I really do t know anything to compare to but once I've figured out the gist of it, it is starting to make sense and become easier to navigate.

I know I haven't been making parts or much with the rc side of things but this is also the building side of learning. So I'll share a little more of the learning. And will be back to making parts and models soon!! But if anyone is on fence about getting a cnc or one of these machines, I'm very happy with it and after a little bit of hard learning and understanding it is now making sense and can see what a useful tool this side of building is going to be!! And even for me that never makes any notes or numbers for later ,, doing things on the computer and being able to look back at is going to be so helpful!! Guess I am moving out of my own stone age way of working/designing.

This was just a facing cut to clean up the perishable vise jaws im cutting.

A 3 min program took me almost 40 because I was so scared I would crash into vise or my programming was off by something!!! First part, just cutting sides down to dimension.

And all the tools I have are about brand new in sides, never really did cut much on the manual mill. Measured these parts and the were perfect, 6.000,,, out of 5 that I made one was 5.999". But being able to see the reflection and barely any tool marks,,,

And for you actual machinists, I took some chips and measured them. In my speeds and feeds I did have tooth load of .002. So it's doing pretty well given I don't really know much yet!! And I haven't had to hit that big shiny red button