View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 02:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
Did you program the "Y" axis wrong or locate? I see some holes that look like they're in the wrong place. Or, is the tiny drill bit wondering off center from sticking out of the chuck so far? If so, add another event with a spotting drill or center drill that is more rigid then come back and finish drill.
Steve, in the first pic the divots are in the vise jaws. I drilled .05 past the part. And the jaws are only about 75% of the width of the part in order for the other jaw to clamp onto them. So if looking at that pic it looks like they are off but they are in the right location. The second pic shows parts in the jaws and were machined where they should be. And the orange strip is just a piece of vinyl tape to take up any slight difference in part sizes so all parts were held firmly in vise jaws. I did use a spotting drill 1/8" 90^ point at .04 depth so not to enlarge the holes for the #50 drill. The holes came out perfect, no wondering of the bit. At least from where I'm looking . Lol!!!