View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 09:04 PM

Lloyd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Additional Lights & Wireless Lights

I have a tamiya grand hauler. I added the ob1 v3.1m system to the tamiya mfc-01 in the tractor. The trailer has a v3.1s. ( part of the ob1 kit) it has an off on switch on the battery pack (part of the kit). Both the v3.1m and v3.1s have about 6 aux ports for lights plus those on the mfc-01.This set up runs about 105 LEDs ( head lights, fog, clearance, signal, 4ways, brake, backup,side markers under carriage, etc.) if you shut down the tractor alone the v3.1s in the trailer turns on the 4ways on the trailer as a reminder to turn it off. As for LEDs. You must consider the output voltage of these units. Some led light strips require a higher voltage than these units provide. I found a voltage booster to step up the voltage to these light strips. The boosters were found at an electronics supplier. They are a small printed circuit board (do not know if hobby shops carry them). Would post pics. But I am new to this form and have not figured out how, but I do knew this setup. All LEDs are controlled with a futuba sport 6 channel transmitter. Forgot to mention the rotary beacons on the tractor. This setup is wireless between tract and trailer.