View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 07:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I'm a writer, and I want to tell your story.

I stumbled upon this side of RC hobby a few years ago. I found a Tamiya Grand Hauler on Evilbay for sale. I thought the price was decent, & bought er. Being a dump truck driver for a living, I wanted to buy a kit to make it into a dump truck. I stumbled upon this forum in the process of looking for said kit. Once here, I discovered that a dump kit (at that time) WASN'T commercially available. I learned (from this forum) that there were several dump trucks that were scratch built. Of course after seeing dump trucks, I had to have some scale RC equipment to go with er. Fortunately that was commercially available, & didn't have to be custom built with CNC machinery. I DID find that the hydraulic machinery was rather spendy. I also found from this forum that several folks were converting Bruder childs toys to be RC. I bought a hydraulic excavator, but of course I needed more. RC is an addiction. One is NEVER enough! Fast forward a couple years, I now have 3 RC trucks, 2 hydraulic machines that were commercially available, & several Bruder kids toys that I've converted to RC.

Eventually myself & some others in my area that are interested in the RC trucking & Construction hobby met & started having RC FUN! We started a Facebook group to try & find others in the Pacific Northwest area that may be interested in the hobby as well.

Here's a link to a video at the Northwest Model Hobby Expo in Monroe Washington the weekend of 26 & 27 January. We had a few of the Bruder toys & Huina toys that we made available for ANYONE to try out, as well as demonstrated our hydraulic equipment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9frjPlyotls&t=153s