View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 08:39 AM

tessen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Liebherr R984 1:14

and the hydraulic fittings

and the hydraulic part, here I will stop a little more, since this is not usually seen very often, I have already mentioned that the hydraulic system is of very high pressure, it reaches up to 200 bar, each element has been tested individually to ensure its operation at mention pressure, the pump sends the oil to an oil accumulator, pressurized to 70 bars of gas pressure, that is, any oil flow that does not reach that pressure, would not enter in this accumulator.At the output of the pump, we also have, in parallel, a pressure limiting valve, set at 200 bars if the pressure in the system rises above that value, it sends the excess to the tank passing through the filter previously and a pressure sensor, this element It controls the pressure at the pump outlet, and I am going to use it to control what pressure I want the system to work at, broadly speaking, with the station I send a signal to a microcontroller that is in the machine and it compares the signal that I send you with the transmitter, and the signal that comes from the sensor, if the control signal is less than the sensor signal, it does nothing, but if it is the other way around, it turns on the pump until the pressure in the circuit is the desired one. Useful pressure ranges from 80 to 200bar, at less than 80 bar the sensor does not measure well and over 200 bar the pressure limiting valve trips
Photos:
the sensor

various elements, pump, pressure limiter, tank

this is the tank, only with the gas precharge pressure (70 bar)

some tests already with pressure

a little a summary video
https://youtu.be/PJko2NQGDLY

in the next step, basically focus on teaching details and painting (as I could best) let's get to it!

I'm going to start with what would be the bodywork, my initial idea was to make a bodywork, like the real ones, with its little doors, accesses and those things, but in the end I had to opt for functionality, the panels are simulated, but .. I think they are quite the hit and I have put in a good amount of detail

The first thing is to calculate the development of the body once unfolded, to pass it later to laser cutting, then I had to prepare a small assembly, since before folding this sheet, I had to mill some small grooves on its surface, which are the that they are going to simulate the separation between the panels of the bodywork, for this I had to prepare a wooden board that acts as a martyr and machine the negative shape of the plate, with this I make sure that it rests flat and everything at the same height , but the endmill (1mm in diameter) can eat more material than it should and split and / or make a through hole, which I don't want either

OK, once the grooves are made, we move on to the folding, here I would like to comment on the "tricky" of the operation, if the folds are not perfectly in place, the body could be higher (losing width) with which it would not enter the machine, since it is very tight or it could also be wider (losing height) this is almost worse, since it would create an interference in height with the workshop components and it would not fit into the structure because it is too wide, it is complicated the issue

and here a few more photos

the handles of some covers on the bodywork and the anchoring of one of the railings

these covers will be screwed, it is a simple aesthetic detail, but I like how it looked

here once painted