View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 04:49 PM
Craftsman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Year--New project

SO anyway... I went this route for the drives, I don't have my 3D printer up and running yet so I went with the screws in the drive sprockets.

So the drive system is all there just need to hook it all up but first I wanted to get the lights and master on/off switch wired up.
I put it where the drivers feet would go, ...this thing is way to big I need to find a smaller switch, and I added a green "on" light to the dash. one side of the switch goes to the ESC's the other side goes to the charging jack that is run up thru the floor and the center set goes to the battery...it seems to work like I want it to but it's huge..

I put 5mm white lights in for head lights, I thought the space was big enough but it's right at 4mm high so I sanded the sides of the lights down a little and took a dremel ground out a little space inside the light housings, they fit now and you can see the surgery... the beacon is centered, the roof is two pieces and the interior slides in so it's pretty easy to run the wires down the front corners.

I started on the blade lift, I made a servo holder out of a block of wood,

This is an SPT servo I got off Amazon it's a short servo so I have a little more room up front... we'll see how it works...

I ran the lift arm like this it was the obly way I could think of right now.

It's getting close, just need to hot check everything clean things up a little... until Frizzen suggested the winch....so I have on on the way....