View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 08:17 PM
Craftsman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Year--New project

Getting close to wrapping this one up.
I had been trying to decide what to do about the ripper on the back, it's plastic so it probably wouldn't actually "rip" anything so after looking at pictures of d5s I decided on a winch... then Frizzen kind of sealed the deal with his suggestion so I looked around and found this one the size was about right and I liked the look, the "cable" is silver string so I'll probably get some cable fishing leader or something... at least that's the plan
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I mounted it directly to the lower body, I guess I could have used the slide in mount from the ripper but I wanted it to mount close to the body.

I put a aluminum backer plate on it so it's not pulling right on the bolts in the plastic..

It's not like I'll be trying to pull trees over or anything

And I couldn't have the hook just flopping around back there..

Now to get everything all stuffed in....I know it still looks like a hot mess but it's getting better at least I kind of know where things will go...

Now I just need to get some ballast, I want to use lead shot in the drive wheels then seal it in with epoxy, and fill the fake boogy wheels with shot too. Then it I still need more weight I'll add it to the inside of the body, I just need to get the lead shot and I can finish this one up..still have to seal up the bottom too...