Thread: Sterling Dump
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Green Horn

Heavy Metal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sterling Dump

Put in a little more time today on the Sterling and got the fender flares done. (Is there a more correct name for these things?) They turned out pretty good. Milled from black ABS plastic. Will probably just leave these raw black...looks kind of authentic. Guess I'm gonna have to strip this paint and start on some Styrene work pretty soon.

Here's what it looked like with the alum wheels and tires that came with the Aeromax when I got it from Vince. To me the tires don't look quite wide enough now that flares are on the fender. Also had to put a block of wood under the frame to get the ride height looking correct now that flares are on. Should be able to fix that with some helper springs of some sort.

So then I took these wheels and tires off a tow truck I bought from Vince to eye it up and, although I don't like the rim style, I almost like the tire width better. Agree? Disagree? Seems like the 1:1 is somewhere inbetween. What are these wider tires/rims anyway? Super singles? Sorry...but I don't mind showing my ingnorance. Gotta learn somehow.

Here again are some pics so you see what I was going for on the fenders and maybe see what I'm saying on the tire/rim size. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for looking. Joe