View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: rogers 55 ton (to start) detachable trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Steve - they probably built the cylinders around materials available .... so maybe ifyou take the stck cylinder - open it up and do a little machineing then add a new rod you could get that needed length....

Now since the trailer that my dad was first using is this same trailer style - he always had to drop a block under the cylinder because it barely had enough stroke fr the job at hand........looks like you built it true to scale....LOL
we had a "70's" 25 ton rogers set up the same way . It had just enough stroke to drop it on the level . I should have about 2" stroke which I thought I had but being so long since I got it and why I got it I forgot what stroke it was and assumed 2" (it's only 1" ) . I had to get some stuff from mcmaster and got 1 with the order . I got the servo in to lift the stays and I'll be putting a block on the back when I drop Like the real 1 . All thats left is the out riggers that are still in the bag when I got them , new wheels YES new wheels these bother me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.