View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Wannabe

mazdaparts will become famous soon enoughmazdaparts will become famous soon enough
Default You ever do something really stupid?

This is a true story. I did something really stupid. Last weekend we built a 10'x16' deck for our house. I turned out really nice. But it took a toll on my craftsman 19.2v impact driver. It was making a noise like a dry bushing. I finally got a chance to clear my work bench and work on it. Took it apart and verified the bushing were dry and dirty. Grabbed my motor cleaner and the bushing lube. Gave the motor a few blasts and let it dry for a minute. It was filthy all the gunk that ran out onto the paper towel. I popped in a battery and gave the trigger a pull. No more noise. I'm feeling pretty proud I don't have to buy a new impact driver. Pulled the trigger a few more times. All the sudden a big fireball exploded right in front of me on the bench. Set the paper towel, the bench and the motor on fire. Not to mention I singed a nice section of hair of my forearms. I stayed calm and knocked the paper towel on the floor (concrete) and stomped it out. I blew out the bench and motor fire. All of the sudden I realized my motor cleaner was in fact electronics cleaner and "EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE" according to the can. And in that same moment I felt really stupid. To make matters worse, my wife comes downstairs to get something and asks "What the heck stinks down here?" I had to confess and even felt more stupid.