View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 06:10 AM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Ford VS Chevy.Now Spudd roast!

Not to divert from breakin Spudds girls.But have you boys ever seen the old John Deere tractors that had two fuel tanks on them? You would start them on gas,close the air finns on the radiator,bring them up to temp then switch them over to diesel or heating oil.The whole tractor would shake till it got used to runnin on diesel.Man the differance in power & just the sound was unreal. If you stalled it while burnin diesel,you would flip them back to gas,open the drain on carb till only gas came out. Then grab the flywheel & hope like **** all the diesel was gone so it didn't ripe your fingers off when you spun the flywheel to start them. That was the only engine I saw that ran diesel through a carb. If you were really workin it for a long time & went to shut it off by killin the spark,it would just keep runnin like you didn't do a thing. You would have to switch back to gas,let it run for a bit.Then kill the spark.
Just wondered if any of you boys ever seen this set up before?
Spudd,sorry I don't have nothin at this time to break on you over.
Just woke up,& haven't takin my mornin Spudd yet. Always think better after I leave a Spudd in the bowl!
Don't worry!I'll be back w/something for you in awhile!
FGD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.