View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 04:46 AM

Big Run is on a distinguished road
Default Re: From New Zealand, Hello!

Thanks for the reply!

Quite simply I just want a good entry into Scale Trucks, and I've always liked the look of Wedicos. I'm very set on the model, I think it looks great... I just hope that there are still options available to me to upgrade/dress up the model a little.

I also think it's quite cool that it's 12 years old +, and has only been run once or twice. I only wish I could have the joy of building it myself.

I might also add it comes with all the original boxes and manuals for everything, including trailer.

My pockets are reasonably shallow, hence me not chucking a grand at a fully kitted Tamiya rig..... but this isn't something I'm looking to dump any more money into at the present point, I just like to know that if I want to throw some money at it, there's options there.

I just don't really know enough about Wedicos to know which products will still work with this truck. For example I have no Idea if I can simply buy Pro chassis frame, and bolt up my axles/suspension + gear to it with a bit of modification. Or if I can purchase another plastic axle for the rear and get it driving as a 6x4, or has Wedicos product changed since this truck was built perhaps 12 years ago that I'll have to buy 2 new axles.

Big Run - A very long-winded post, I think I'm procrastinating a little!

Edited so no need to double-post -

Well, furthermore I have come across a bit of a problem.
Not only have I neither purchased nor paid for this Wedico.

I've also been eyeing up these on osswald Modellbau...

Add another drive axle to that... And then for the suspension..

Chassis would look like this, though I am not interested in having a second steering axle.

Big Run - Normally when they say "options are endless" they don't necessarily mean it, it seems in scale trucking... they do!

Last edited by Big Run; 05-16-2011 at 06:33 AM.